Monday, March 26, 2007

Yeah I'm guilty

Already letting the blog slip a bit, oh well. I'm back. It was a pretty busy week. Last Sunday I was supplying in Cuba, IL at a really nice, friendly small town church. The sermon wasn't all I was hoping it would be, but the service was quite a nice one. Then Tuesday morning I had an ill-begotten interview with local company Multi-Ad seeking what's know in the ministry as tent-making work (after Paul's secular work so that he could pay his own way in ministry and not be a burden on the Corinthian church)(though of course he did accept money from the Philippians, so read into that what you will). Tuesday evening it was my turn to bring a sermon to the area church Lenten worship series. The sermon was a really good one, but would have been better if I hadn't stumbled once or twice on delivery. Then things calmed down a bit; I was declined for the job. We Role played on Friday night until we were all too tired to see straight (except for Carson and Matt who were still on whatever kind of high the two of them experience at role playing, I can only hope they're not like that at work). Sunday I was back at Cuba for the second Sunday of a two week engagement. This time the sermon went a good deal better, which is nice, though Carson thought there were two sermons in what I was preaching (though of course they were a different two than the ones I would have picked out). Boy this is a long paragraph.

I've decided to start keeping a journal that is not online as well, to track what I've done during the day and what kind of day it was for me. Also, I'm trying not to be paranoid about the mail carrier, though I'm almost sure she's stealing mail.

Amanda has some really great ideas about finishing up the west wing project, starting some new projects, working with Thoughtful Christian, and submitting things to Disciplesworld (our denominational magazine). So it's good to have something to keep myself busy. I also have the seemingly unending flooring project, I see it coming to an end soon though.

No comments: