Monday, March 19, 2007

Moving On?

Every now and then I get sudden, serious wanderlust. It's never convenient and to be perfectly frank I have never followed through. Last night as I was preparing for a Lenten service coming up this Tuesday and I suddenly got the urge to move to Oceania. I'm totally, irrationally afraid of snakes so Australia is right out. New Zealand though, well I think I fell in love with the scenery of NZ through film and television.

I was encouraged to dream about NZ because of the rather lot of exciting liturgical work that is going on there (and Australia, but I refer you above). Really, the only modern work in metrical psalms that I have seen of late comes out of this continent.

Apparently, the NZIS (which just looks wrong doesn't it?) has a category of immigration requests from people in fields of long-term shortage. They even have a little quiz thing so see if you are qualified enough. Carson, my husband is really really qualified, but I'm not quite qualified enough. The two of us together might make a really skilled immigrant couple.

Realistic things like mortages and interviews and such makes this little day dream a bit moot. Still it's always fun to dream.

No comments: