Monday, March 19, 2007

Lost day

Last night I dreamt I got the job at Multi-Ad.

Carson and I were driving into work, I fell asleep in the car. I woke up -- what I could have sworn was only a few moments later, but turned out was the next day. I was worried that I would lose my new found job because of my lost day (I didn't know where my desk was, what I was working on, etc). Carson said it would be fine.

We got to the office, but now there was a major hospital attached to the building. We went in the nearest door, but it was clear that we were nowhere near the Web/Development/Testing area. At one point arson left to go to his desk and I was left wandering around this hospital looking for my boss's office. I found the pediatrics department (the floors there were waxed to a high sheen and I slipped and fell. A nurse made fun of me; it was traumatic).

Eventually I found my boss's office and she asked me to take her daughter to the pediatrician in the building. We headed out and got to the department. When she was done we walked through the shopping mall on our way back to the office (the building having taken on airport perportions at this point) we decided that the Ralph Lauren spring collection looked a better set of clothes for me than for her (they were like ocean fairy clothes, stuff I'm pretty sure Ralph didn't design)

Just before we got to the last staircase before we were back in the office, this guy I knew from CPE, a guy who I'm pretty sure is totally unfit for the ministry, came walking in. He was shocked to see me, and claimed that he had picked being a chaplain at this hospital so no one who knew him would have to work with him again. I explained that I wasn't working as a chaplain but for a technical wing of this hospital in testing. He totally freaked out my boss's daughter, so I told him we had to go. After that I think I stopped dreaming for a while because the next dream had something to do with floods and river rafts and 300 as a football game.

No comments: