Monday, August 18, 2008

My First Con

Carson and I are newly returned from our first GenCon. There was much fun had by all. There are some things I will do differently when we return. I have decided that pre-registry of our events would have been a really really great idea. Maybe someday GenCon's web site and online registration will improve. I found the whole process very very frustrating.My single biggest complaint is the fact that one can't buy two passes, two tickets for an event, any of that at the same time. Yeah I know they feel they have a good reason, I would just argue they did their cast/benefit analysis wrong.
We met some really great people and played some really fun games. We bought dice and shopped and stared a costumed people. We attended workshops and panels and hopefully come out the other side better DMs and players. (as a side note the guys at critical hits took one of the worst pictures of me that I have ever ever seen).
Next time I will register to play more and wander about less. I will remember sun screen (it was an inside event, you say? though it seemed that way I still am sporting a pretty nice facial burn) (this contributed to a mild level crankiness by Sunday afternoon).
I still have not been introduced to 4e. This is a little par for the course though because I was a very late adopter for 3rd. Maybe some point in the next couple of months I'll make the move.

No comments: